Wednesday, August 29, 2007

HK

Hmm, I had grand plans for this weekend, but unfortunately, I could neither anticipate feeling stuffed and bloated, the loss of appetite nor the fatigue that weighed me down. Oh and the fact that many of my friends were on the Friday flight. Thank God for Gina =)

Day One
Trudged down to the airport on Saturday morning at 630am. Actually I was driven down. Many thanks to KK. And I also thank God I got the morning flight. At least we had the rest of the day to hang around and feel our way around HK! There weren't many of us on this flight. I could only identify Yongseng, Aaron, Sanjiv and Vikram. And a few others from CRE and FSD.

From the airport, the ride down to HK was interesting. It was full of gently sloping hills and the odd cluster of towering skyscaper apartments concentrated very tightly together. Which was very very weird. Which was very weird because there was so much expanse in between each concentrated cluster.

Conrad was very lovely. It faced a very high peak. From my window I had a grand view of the city, which was swathed in this grey er, cloud... And on my right were the hills. We were situated right above Admiralty Station, one stop from Tsim Sha Shui.

That afternoon, we hung around Causeway Bay in a daze actually after we had checked in.

D&D was good. Cosplay was very fun and people were really good sports. I had the privilege of sitting next to the Powerpuff girls and one very hot mama (actually, that was Clara). The highlight must be when Sanjiv the Elvis Emcee called out my name in the lucky draw. I'm winner 15 out of 20!!! (I won a DVD Player!) Yay!!! I have never won anything in my life!

Then next stop - Lam Kwai Fong. I was pretty much stoned at first, but thankfully the girls stopped off to drink some authentic Yuanyang. Man was that a perker-upper. Sucked the fatigue out of me entirely!! The transformation was amazing! haha. We headed down to Sugar, as we had planned with the rest of the Liti department, but to our surprise we only found some of the partners and a stray few associates there! This place felt like Butter, but with better looking guys. The moment I stepped in, the music went dead and people started muttering. I was trying to figure what was happening. Then I saw these older guys in navy vests with the words "Police Department" emblazoned across the back. Felt like a TVB Drama!!

So some of the partners suggested heading down to Dragoneye. We decided to walk down to check it out. BTW, LKF is so not the place to walk around in when you are high and wearing extremely high heels. Thankfully I was not in that position. But the slopes are steep and almost 45 deg, the steps are steep and precarious and there are holes in the ground. In my head, there were 100s of high people tumbling down the stairs.


Day Two

Ah, the fatigue started to hit. EC, JCHM, GTEO and I headed down to Tsim Sha Shui after brekkie. Bought 2 pairs of Nine West shoes =)

EC and JCHM left to catch their flight. GTEO, ever sweet and compliant, went along with my yumcha suggestion. I have to say the food here is extremely oily.

Gina and I went to H&M. Thankfully we learnt a lesson from the day before and decided to start asking for directions a bit more =) And I thought that was an affliction that only affected the male species. Sigh.

We headed down to WTC, where we were told there was some branded goods outlet shopping to be done! Apparently not! Gina was a bit disappointed and I felt a bit bad for her. Especially since I did so much shopping myself!

Later on, we headed down to Pacific Place. Bought myself my wallet. Finally! It's green and it's gorgeous and I love it to bits.

Then I accompanied her for a very average pasta dinner at the basement. Hmm... she wasn't in the mood for HK food and I wasn't too keen to compromise. Later, I met KK and dragged him down for dinner.

So here are the pics! Finally!

No comments: