Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mimolette

As much as I want to keep this my very own, I have decided not to be selfish. Plus, the word has been going around already. hahaha.

Went to Mimolette for brunch on Saturday with K. It's a very charming restaurant perched on the top of a short flight of steps overlooking the green. There is lush countryside all around, and for your duration there, you can forget entirely that this is Singapore. There are horses trotting in the far distance... And few people... Lovely. Inside, there are black chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and white wooden chairs and tables covered with white linen... The description doesn't do any justice to what Mimolette actually looks like. It certainly reminded me of the English countryside, albeit miniaturized. It gets 4 thumbs up in my book for ambience =) Definitely a nice brunch place.

I had the french toast and K had the farmer's breakfast. The servings were a tad small, but no complaints with the food! We even had seconds! haha. (He had the very girly apple cupcake =p) Think we spent almost 3 hours there without realizing it. Yup, definitely will have to go again.

No comments: