Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nostalgia

I'm combing through my old hall pics right now. It's amazing how time changes everything. It felt a lifetime ago. I looked like a whole different person!

I am looking at the pics, looking at all the old faces of people I once knew, of people I still meet up with and how the dynamics have changed - How we got close or grew apart. And there are a couple of people I avoid, for good reason. And I also see people whom I didn't know very well back then, and how I used to think of them in a certain way, and how this has changed so much now that I know the people that they really are. I am also looking at people I have lost touched with, and how it had happened, and I wonder whether I will ever see some of them again. Some of them seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

There's Wee How - not so close to him anymore, but he's a great guy and he'll make a great husband to Hazel. It's probably just as well we aren't so close. But I must say I enjoyed the last time we had a good talk while we were doing that Standard Chartered 42.195 run. We had all of 5 hours to catch up=p

There's Willy Foo, there's Xiaoxuan and Beat and Lihui and ... There are a couple of people whose names I won't mention, who purposely made life difficult for others, and there were a couple who raised a ruckus out of nothing and dragged me into it. Ah well, but that's hall. Live and let live. I'm thankful for the friends I've made. Some of them have lasted quite a while. There's my E block girls - really appreciate this friendship that we have.

One thing I can give thanks for - I learnt so many lessons. Living in such close proximity with a myriad of characters makes life interesting.

When I'm bored enough I'll scan some of these pics =)

No comments: